Monday 6 December 2010

Roasting, my way

Another way of making meals full of taste but simple to make is to mix cooking methods. I'm being very liberally in my use of the term cooking method.


Tonight I used a roasted chicken breast that i'd frozen a few weeks ago from a freshly roasted chicken i'd bought from the supermarket. Rather than defrost it I tried a trick I copied from the fish I cooked last week. It was wrapped in tin foil with a little butter added and put in the oven. I had no foil so I used baking paper instead.


For the veg I opened a can of tinned carrots, yep I'm really being lazy and experimental at the same time, a bit of olive oil, sprinkling of thyme and rosemary. Salt and pepper the roast carrots are sorted. Then I peeled an onion sliced the top and wedged a little butter in. Put in tthe same tray. As the carrots.


Then, cos it's christmas I'm trying out sprouts. I never liked them but feel like I might find a way. This time I've sliced 4 sprouts and mixed them with some tinned peas a little mint and sauteed them in a frying pan.


When it all came together I added some pinenuts to the sprouts and peas.


Anywho. The point is I loved it but I didn't have to put so much effort into it. Sure I do it all properly when I have time and the energy but I wanted a roast without all the effort. My dinner hit all the right spots. I had a bunch of tasty veg so I feel real healthy and now I'm just putting my feet up and chilling

No comments:

Post a Comment